Tuesday 16 April 2013

Creating and Chasing Goals

It's been a while since I have last added a Blog - a year come Mother's Day it looks like. After my last Blog, I realized life is meant to be lived and enjoyed. As much as I enjoy the friendships of the net - I have to ensure I put myself first when possible - which is what I started to do over the past few months - in a professional sense. I have long been interested in joining a prestigious professional photographers group and there isn't any more acclaimed in Canada than the Professional Photographer's of Canada. This group consists of true professionals who abide by a strict code of ethics which includes consistently producing the highest quality of work in a very professional and timely manner and respecting fellow artists.

Over the past few months I have worked towards and have been Accredited in four important categories including Editorial Portraiture, Fashion, High Key Portraiture and Modelling Portfolio. Accreditation means a photographer has shown consistent high quality work that has passed the scrutiny of National level judges. It's exciting to set goals for myself and meet them on my way to making myself a better photographer.

This week I have had the opportunity to attend the Canadian Imaging Conference in Vancouver, BC, and attend many exceptional workshops and seminars including those of two very impressive professionals - Gregory Heisler (Pictured with me) and Steve Simon. Both have made a lasting impression on me and I look forward to sharing many insights through my new work in the future.

(Meeting renown portrait photographer Gregory Heisler of NYC.)

I encourage each of you to set personal goals and make them happen. Life is short and if you aren't doing something you love, you will quickly regret not taking action.

Until next time,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment